So I thought that in addition to my witty commentary, you might enjoy.
Things are good, speaking of the gym, I was in there yesterday pumping iron when an older gentleman came up to me, and asked if I was American. I said, "no, Canadian". He thought that was better. He proceeded to ask me what the difference between a pot and a jar was. I was able to tell him with dizzying insight that a jar has a lid and a pot often does not (the cooking variety excluded). I thought it was an odd question but he seemed rather satisfied with my answer. Rightly so.
Lunar New Year was interesting. It is nothing like Western New Year. It is a very family oriented holiday, and nothing is open. It was sometimes hard to find things (ie. minutes for my cell phone) that were sort of important for about 4 days. I didn't really do anything productive or culturally enlightening. I went into Seoul a few times (see preceding video) and it was buckets of fun.
You may have heard that the historic sight called Namdaemun gate was destroyed in a fire the other day. It was a pretty big deal as it was one of Korea's oldest monuments that survived the various wars and conflicts of the last hundred-or-so years. I may go to see it soon. It'll likely be busy with people doing the same.
I intend on taking my camera to school so you can see what a day in this life is like. That'll likely be the topic of next day's post. I think I just heard your anticipation...it's okay, I'm excited too.
Send me an email or MSN or facebook or carrier pigeon, I like to know what's going down on that side of the planet.
Valentines was today, I received much chocolate. I see it as a physical manifestation of my skill. I have much skill, by this logic.
peace out
evan
post script: the kids say 아싸 (assah) when they are happy about a situation. try it, it works.
1 comment:
I disapprove of your logic for deducing that you have much skill by receiving chocolate. Skill has no relevance to chocolate.
(In a drawn out Leo voice) "Write better next time"
Post a Comment